Denver Dental Fillings
Dental fillings are used to treat a dental cavity. First, the cavity will be thoroughly cleaned and rid of any decay or bacteria. Once the tooth is clean, a filling will be used to seal the cavity in the tooth to prevent further bacteria from entering the tooth. Additionally, dental fillings can also be used to restore broken, cracked, or worn down teeth.
Do I Need a Filling?
If you notice any of the following, you may need to receive a dental filling:
- Visible holes or pits in a tooth
- Visible chips or cracks in a tooth
- Darkening of the tooth
- A toothache that may feel dull and achy, and never seems to subside
- Sharp pain when pressure is applied to the tooth
- Increased sensitivity of the tooth to hot and cold temperatures
Dental Filling Procedure
Below is what to expect from your dental filling procedure:
- First, your tooth and the surrounding areas and tissues will be thoroughly anesthetized
- Next, Dr. Joshua Peter will use a rubber dam to isolate the tooth before he proceeds to remove the damaged part of the tooth and any tooth decay
- Once the decay has been removed, Dr. Joshua Peter will clean and disinfect the dental cavity to remove any additional bacteria
- Next, the filling material is applied to the cavity in multiple layers, which a special light helping to harden each layer before the next is applied
- Lastly, the filling material will be trimmed, shaped, and polished
If you’re experiencing the above symptoms and think you may need a dental filling, please contact our dental office here in Denver, CO.