Denver Dental Restorations
A dental restoration refers to the many different ways that we are able to restore broken or misshapen teeth, or replace missing teeth. There are a number of reasons why you may need to receive dental restorations, and these reasons can include severe dental decay, fractured teeth, damage caused by gum disease, or injury to the tooth.
Types Of Dental Restorations
The following is a list of common dental restorations:
- Dental Fillings – Dental fillings are used to fill cavities or treat cracked or broken teeth. These are the most common types of dental restorations.
- Dental Crowns – Dental crowns are small caps placed over the teeth in order to restore function, shape, strength, and appearance of the tooth.
- Dental Bridges – A dental bridge is a false tooth used to fill in a gap between teeth. Bridges are anchored onto the neighboring teeth and cemented into place.
- Dentures – Dentures are removable sets of false teeth. Full dentures are used to replace all the teeth and partial dentures are used when some of the patients’s natural teeth still remain.
- Veneers – Dental veneers are thin shells placed over the front of the teeth in order to improve the shape, brightness, and appearance of the smile.