Denver Dental Implant Restoration
Dental implant restoration in Denver, CO, has never been easier – call us today at (303) 337-7771!
Your smile is both beautiful and functional. Over time, though, it can be damaged by tooth decay, gum disease, or injury. At the restorative dentistry practice of Joshua Peter DDS, PLLC, we have seen a wide range of mouth injuries and tooth loss that require specialized restorative dental care.
Sometimes, complete dental restoration is the only solution to restoring a smile. In these cases, we use dental implant restoration, a treatment that combines several different restorative procedures to rebuild your smile and rehabilitate your oral health completely.
Read on to learn more about dental implant restorations, and check out our customer reviews to see what our patients think of the process.
Dental Implant Restoration
Dental implants are never used for purely cosmetic purposes. They are a restorative dentistry procedure designed to replace missing teeth. These teeth may be lost through injury or gum disease or removed because of decay or deformity.
Dental implants have three parts:
- A titanium screw implanted into the jaw. This is the “root” of the implant.
- A dental crown, which is the visible tooth-colored part.
- A connecting abutment, which joins the screw and the crown together.
Dental implants replace a single missing tooth or a few missing teeth. Replacing a mouthful of missing teeth with implants is not practical.
Instead, we use fixed bridges to restore the whole mouth. These fixed bridges are attached to implant screws placed in anchoring spots in the mouth. Four screws anchor full-mouth dental implants – two on the top and two on the bottom.
Tooth Restoration and Care
While dental implants will not get cavities as natural teeth would, it is still essential to take care of them. The gum tissue and bone structure of your jaw need to stay healthy to ensure that the tooth replacement you’ve had lasts.
After your implants are in, we recommend the following steps to help them heal quickly:
- Eat a soft diet with clear liquids.
- Take antibiotics and pain medication as prescribed.
- Once healed, avoid hard foods that could crack a crown, tooth bridge, or even one of your other teeth.
- If you still have natural teeth, continue using fluoride toothpaste to protect them. Excellent oral hygiene means brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and using an antimicrobial mouthwash to keep germs and tartar under control. Make sure you use a soft toothbrush during the first few days after the implant procedure.
Dental implants need to be examined at least once a year with an X-ray, and you should visit us for a checkup and professional cleaning at least every six months to ensure that all of your teeth, gums, and jaw are healthy.
Learn More About Dental Implant Restoration in Denver, CO
At Joshua Peter DDS, PLLC, we specialize in comprehensive restorative and cosmetic dentistry, including dental implant restorations. For more information about dental implants and all of our tooth restoration services, call us today at (303) 337-7771 for an appointment.
Our vision as a dental office is to provide our patients with trust, confidence and a positive, relaxing experience. We are focused and committed to our patients and we won’t settle for anything less than excellence.
Joshua Peter DDS, PLCC
1201 S. Parker Rd.,#100
Denver, CO 80231
*Medicaid not accepted
8:00 am to 4:30 pm